Thursday 3 September 2015

Vacation Update

I'm just checking in to let you know, very briefly, what I am up to at the moment; I am so busy having time off from work that I don't have time to write. I've got my oldest nephew here and we are having lots of fun. We've been hanging on the beach and going out for dinners; we've barbecued and we've been on a ferry trip to the next town - with the spectacular view of the coastline with the Sea in the front, the beaches and all the buildings in the middle and the mountains and the blue sky in the background - simply beautiful! We've also been to the ancient mountain city of Ronda with a completely different set of spectacular views depending on whether you are looking down the deep ravine from the town or if you are down on the bottom looking up. We did both - unbelievably gorgeous. We have also played some adventure miniature golf - that's always good fun, even more so since I won on 6 under par. Yaaay!

Tomorrow we are going to the small town of Tarifa - the southernmost point of the European continent, and it's also a very, very old town. To get an idea what it looks like there check out this video;



The water you see is the Atlantic side of the Strait of Gibraltar - where the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea meet. Did you know that the water of the two don't actually mix together, you can (at least sometimes) see the actual line between them, The land you see across the Strait is the north coast of Morocco, Africa. It's only 14 km away. 

We are still waiting for confirmation whether we get to go on a dolphin safari tomorrow, it all depends on the winds, so keep your fingers crossed! I love dolphin safaris, the dolphins are such amazing creatures. So beautiful - especially in their natural environment. I went on two different trips last year and I can't wait to do it again. 

On Saturday we'll leave Tarifa to go back home but first we will make a stop in Gibraltar, which is British territory. From the Rock of Gibraltar you can see 2 continents (Europe and Africa), 3 countries (Gibraltar, Spain and Morocco), the Mediterranean and the Atlantic and of course the Strait of Gibraltar. It is quite amazing. Gibraltar is actually the last known holdout of the Neanderthals with evidence of habitation dating all the way back to 28,000-24,000 BC. And it's got cool caves, Europe's only wild apes (although they are so used to humans that they could hardly be called wild) and a Moorish castle that's like 600 years or so old. Way cool!

Anyway, I need to get my beauty sleep, I've got a 2-2,5 hours bus ride tomorrow. I don't mind because I will be listening to Home Free - so I will be great! Still, my eyes are crossing now.

Speaking of Home Free - did you see their newest video and single yet? You can get the mp3 of it by pre-ordering their new album Country Evolution from either iTunes or Amazon. This song is so cool and so much fun! Check it out! There's a separate post coming about this one next week.

Love//
Carina


No comments:

Post a Comment