Saturday 22 August 2015

My Heart's On Fire For #HFORB

Take 4 parts of legendary, old school country singers with sweet harmonies, add their greatest hit song and 5 parts of (will-be legendary) new school a cappella country singers with (at least) equally sweet harmonies, a killer arrangement and then mix it all together. Add to the quotation that one of those nine people is one of the best vocal percussionists/beat boxers the world have ever heard, 2 of them are among the worlds best bass singers and they can hit low notes as easy as I breath; and then sit back and wait to see what happens. Would you care to take a guess? I know that even if you do you wouldn't come anywhere near the truth of what happens. But don't sweat it! Have no fear! The truth is now out! The answer is here!

It all started months ago when Duane Allen of the Oak Ridge Boys saw Home Free on a TV show and was blown away. He reached out and the ball started rolling. Home Fries all over the world started speculating, hoping and dreaming for a collaboration between the two groups. We begged and pleaded for them to work together on ORB's hit song Elvira from 1981. In the beginning of the summer the ORB tweeted that they were about to enter the studio together to do exactly what we wanted.

That's when the real speculating started. We knew it would be nothing short of amazing. How could it not be? What we didn't know was HOW amazing it could, and would, be. We had no idea this result was even a possibility. We had no idea of the heights it would take us to. Even in our wildest imaginations and dreams, we had no clue what so ever.

And then there was a video shoot. Home Free loves keeping their fans up to date on what they do, and we love that they do, and they also love teasing us with snippets of what is to come, and we love it when they do. So we knew they were shooting the video, and we were told the song was awesome, but nothing, absolutely nothing, was told on when this, what must be pure awesomeness, was going to be revealed to us. We just had to wait and see. So we did. Patiently. Ok, I lie, very impatiently. We waited.

And after all this hoping, dreaming, speculating, teasing and waiting the day finally arrived. FINALLY!! It is here!

For the Home Free Patrons it arrived on Thursday, and boy oh boy do I love being a Patron (You can become one here) ! I am so proud to be a part of all this. It is so satisfying to know that I helped (as Austin might say). The rest of the world was first introduced to this epicness (I'm so making that a word) by Huffington Post. YES, a huge release in Home Free's career was shown to the world by a huge player on the online news market. Epic! Huge! And so right! Didn't I tell you a few weeks back that Home Free is having an epic summer?

So, what about the song and the singing and all that stuff? Well, it's ok.

Naaaaaaah, just kidding!

It is absolutely freggin' mind blowingly fantastic! It is putting my heart on fire! It is pure joy and love! It is far beyond my wildest dreams of what could be done with this song that I already loved. It is sweet, it is power! It is taking me to higher grounds, it is flying me to the moon, and it is one of the best things I have ever, ever, heard, ever. It makes me smile, laugh and dance. It makes put my hands to the sky in victory! I was sitting at my desk at work yesterday, listening to Home Free while doing some work, and I could see that my colleague next to me was looking at me with a big smile. Apparently I was dancing in my chair. I had already told her about the song so she just looked at me and asked if that was the song. Yes, yes it was. And so the day went on. Every time Elvira came on I noticed her watching me through the corner of my eye. Well, could for me for making her smile. Oh, did I tell you I was wearing ear buds so she couldn't hear what song was actually on.

We knew it was going to be epic, but this, this is so much more than just being epic.

The sweet, sweet harmonies are perfectly blended; the basses are, well, low and perfect together;, and the beat boxing is rocking everybody's world, knocking us kind out of our chairs and on to the dance floor. Seriously, Adam, how is it even possible to do what you do?

The fantastic arrangement is made by Tim Foust by him tweaking an arrangement made by Geoff Castellucci and VoicePlay (another brilliant a cappella group), and it let's the personalities of the two groups shine through. Not just the groups, the different personalities of all the members of the two groups. WoW! This is such a perfect arrangement! It shows a completely new, young and fresh take on this classic song without taking away from the original greatness of it. This is truly the perfect mix of old school and new school.

As for the video; it's just 9 guys sitting around, having fun singing this fantastic song. Nothing special one would think, but I love it, and you can tell by watching the video that all the boys love it. Both generations. It shows in their faces and their body languages. They are amazed by each other; Home Free probably by the honour of getting to do this at all, and ORB by the amazing talents of HF. The joy, the fun, the mutual respect. It is all showing in this great video put together by FifGen Films. Great job, as always, by them! My favourite part is when ORB is signing Austin's ORB t-shirt and Austin is looking like he just can't believe this is happening. Isn't that kind of what we are all feeling right about now? And here's more;

According to Duane Allen the ball is still rolling behind the scene's to get the 2 groups together for some TV and other fun stuff, but they are all very busy until after Christmas so we'll just have to wait and see. I have a feeling that from now on Home Free will be experiencing an avalanche of great things leading to even greater things. Mr Allen even mentioned the possibility of them all going on a WORLD TOUR - TOGETHER! Where can I get the tickets for that?

Can it get any better than this? Well, guess what, it can!!

After you watched this joyful and epic video (a hundred times or so) head over to Home Free's store and pre-order the Deluxe version of their new album Country Evolution (to be released on September 18) and you will get an autographed copy. You can also head over to iTunes to put the pre-order in for the digital Deluxe album which will allow you to download 3 tracks immediately, including Elvira. How amazing is that!! Third option is to pre-order it from Amazon, just click the link on the top right of this page, this will give the "original" version of the album with 11 songs, the Deluxe version has 14 (the additional 3 tracks are not the same 3 you get when you buy the digital version on iTunes). This album is going to be epic. This album is going to change the way the world looks at a cappella and country music. But that deserves a separate post.

And do me and the guys a favour will ya'; share this post, share every article you see, share the video; on Facebook and on Twitter, on whatever social media you are on; with people you know and people you don't know. And if you share it on Twitter please use #HFORB and #ELVIRA as we want to get it trending. If you want to share it on Facebook, please use the Facebook video found on Home Free's page. It's all for viral reasons. Let's get Elvira

ELVIRAL!!

And now, finally, here it is;

Love/
Carina




19 comments:

  1. Yeah! Love the dancing in your chair. When you mentioned them being amazed by each other it made me think of the movie Xanadu where the head bangers meet the 40's singers. Love it! Elviral, that awesome! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle! I'm glad I didn't post it last night, because it turned out so much better after the editing and tweaking and adding I've done today before posting. I believe Joe Bonsall came up with Elviral a long time ago. :D

      Delete
  2. This is such a wonderful tribute to both vocal groups. Thank you for writing the words we are all thinking but can't quite put it down on paper. Both Home Free and Oakridge Boys are amazing in their own right, but together is it just jawdropping, highly entertaining fun. It makes me long for my cd and hope and pray that someday soon they will all be on the stage together on a world wide tour. Thanks again for your wonderful blog...Stella writing once again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope it was worth the wait! And thank you for the push! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  3. You brought me to tears with your truths. I am so glad to be a miniscule part of this. I have been absolutely giddy since I saw the video on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaaw, I love moving people! I hope they were tears of joy! Thank you for reading it and liking it! :D

      Delete
  4. Wow! Atnother great "write", as John Lennon would say (saw that somewhere)! Your words are dead-on!
    Appreciate the add'l info, hope they continue this friendship/collaboration, it works!
    .
    **Could you pls post to HF's FB that the bio info on ITunes is really out of date, to update it ASAP, as now a lot of new people are seeing it!? I'm having Kindle probs. so can't.. Thx so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I have posted a heads up for them on the Official Patron page on Facebook. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. HI CARINE....I JUST ASKED IF YOU'D POST A RQST TO HF's FB, TO UPDATE THEIR OLD ITUNES BIO, ASAP, ESPEC. FOR NEW FANS (I can't, cuz I'm having Kindle probs.).
    **CAN YOU ALSO POST TO COUNTRY MUSIC NATION'S FB, 'RE: HF's NEW VID, I KNOW THEY LOVE HF, BUT DON'T KNOW ABOUT IT!..THX SO MUCH! (I already notified Roughstock, b4 I had probs.)...THANK YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,I've tweeted Country Music Nation. Thanks for the help. I hope your problems get sorted out soon!

      Delete
  6. HI..U R GONNA HATE ME..SORRY..MEANT TO ASK IF YOU'D ALSO ADD COMMENTS ON THEIR YOU TUBE VID, NO ONE'S COMMENTED (?!) & PLS ASK THE HOME FRIES TO DO THE SAME..(Again, I can't cuz Kindle probs.)...THX MUCH!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no hating going on on my end. I'm not sure what you mean when you say there are no comments on their YouTube video, There are plenty of them. It does however say"Comments (0). That's not correct.

      Delete
    2. Kindle finally let me see the You Tube comments..Hope it's not dying/over 2 yrs old! .. Thx!..Keep on writing, you're very talented & I'll keep reading them!..Back to VID repeat......

      Delete
    3. Yaay! I hope it sorts itself out. Give it some love and appreciation and maybe it will gratitude to you! :D

      Delete
  7. Oh Carina... Another great post!! You can always tell there is a lot of deep, heartfelt feelings going on in your writing process! Warms the heart & soul! You do great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh VJ, Thank you so much! You just brought tears to my eyes! Thank you! I'm so happy enjoy reading what I write!

      Delete
  8. Hi Carina!...(Yep still Kindle probs.)....Sooo wanted to correct an un-informed You Tube comment from a George Stotlesberg on; 'Home Free Stand By Me' (by Sebastien Lapointe): 'Sad what Home Free has be-
    come'..He has no clue! Wanted to say: 40 mill. world-wide You Tube views,some viral...Opened for The Eli Young Band, LoCash,etc...2 chart-topping cds..2 major Nat'l near sold-out Tours..Inducted into the CMAs..2 standing ovations at their Grand Ole Opry debut..Major collabs.w/Kenny Rogers,Charlie Daniels, (today have AWESOME viral aca-vid w/The Oak Ridge Boys: "Elvira"!!!..Performed: major fests:CMA Fests 2014 & 15,etc..Won many video 'battles' on country sites..New Fall cd 9/18 & Nat'l Fall Tour..**Upcoming
    International Tours in 2016 & beyond! Global fans are waiting!! That thehey're blowing up!!!..Can you pls reply to him & set the record straight, for other readers to see?! In your own words, of course! Thx much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous, I don't reply to those kind of comments. I find that they are better left alone. Everybody is in right to their own opinions. If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like and nothing anybody else thinks will matter. Now, if it had been a positive comment I would have gladly agreed with him. There will always be people that like what Home Free do, and that's okey too. :D

      Delete
    2. Hi! I just meant to inform him that they're actually successful (since he said it/he? was sad)..I
      never say negative things, never will..Sounds like you have a good heart! Thx! :)

      Delete