Tuesday 8 September 2015

Country Party In The House

The day for the release of Home Free's new album Country Evolution is getting closer and closer and is now only 10 days away. I for one is eagerly waiting and counting down to it.

The album will come in a few different versions; first choice you have to make is if you want a physical CD or mp3 tracks. There will also be the option of the Standard or the Deluxe Edition. The Standard version has 11 tracks and the Deluxe Edition has 14.
So many choices! What to do, what to do? Which one should I get?

Well, to me the option was easy when it comes to choosing between Standard or the Deluxe. Always go with the Deluxe Edition if you have a choice, you will regret it if you don't.

When it comes to choosing between a physical CD or the digital version I always go with the digital version as I don't even own a CD player, not even my laptop has one. However, this album comes with the option of pre-ordering the physical CD directly from the Home Free Store on their website and you will get it autographed. Easy decision!! Always go with the signed stuff! And since I won't be playing it I pre-ordered the digital version as well. I myself prefer Amazon since I am not a fan of iTunes, but it is also available there for those who prefer it.

The Deluxe Edition has, as I mentioned, 14 tracks, and so far 5 of them has been released for purchase or gratification downloads if you have pre-ordered the digital album. And every track is better than the one before, or maybe they are all equally good. I don't really care which one is better because they are all freakishly amazing in their own different ways. They are also all very different from one another even though they are all country and they are all a cappella, the sound differs widely, in my opinion. This makes me wait even more eagerly for the whole album to drop on the 18th. Is it the 18th yet?

The track list for this album is amazing. There is a mix of old classics and completely new stuff. There are songs featuring the original artists, and there are mash-ups. There are new songs written by others and some written by the Home Free Guys themselves. Nothing is wrong with this album. (Yes, I know I haven't heard it all yet, but I am so sure of it I will go public with it even before hand) One of the songs is also featuring the incredible violinist Taylor Davis so I assume there will even be an actual instrument in that song. And I bet it is all very tastefully done, having Silent Night from the Full of Cheer (Christmas album) in mind, where she was also featured.

I love it how these guys take care of their friends in the same way they are being taken care of by others. It is all about the love.

Here's the track list for 
Country Evolution Deluxe Edition;

1: Summer In The Country (Original) - released
2; Good Ol' Country Harmony (Original)
3: 9 to 5 (Dolly Parton Cover)
4: Elvira (feat. The Oak Ridge Boys) (The Oak Ridge cover) - released
5: Don't It Feel Good (Original)
6: Alabama Sampler (Alabama Cover) - deluxe only
7: Seven Bridges Road (The Eagles Cover) - deluxe only
8: Friends In Low Places (Garth Brooks Cover)
9: Honey, I'm Good (Andy Grammer Cover) - released
10: Fishin' In the Dark/Down In The Boondocks (Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and Little Big Town Covers) - released
11: Devil Went Donn to Georgia (feat. Charlie Daniels & Taylor Davis) (Charlie Daniels Cover)
12: House Party (Sam Hunt Cover) - released
13: California Country (Original)
14: Serenity (Original) - deluxe only

If you click the song titles of the released songs in the list above you will come straight to the video for that particular song.

I've heard some of the songs not yet released as I've been watching video clips from Home Fries that have been to live shows. I have decided I don't want to hear any more of them before I get the album, though. I want to be completely wowed when I listen to all the songs I haven't heard already. All of them, in one sitting. It will completely blow my mind and heart away, I am sure of it!

The songs I have heard that are not yet officially released are 9 to 5 - and wow! If the beatboxing is anything like the live version then embrace yourselves! The other one I've heard is Seven Bridges Road and holy harmonies it's stunningly beautiful!

Seriously, this album will rock my world! Actually, I think this album will rock the whole world into loving country a cappella. I think this album will revolutionize not only country music, but the love for music in general for a lot of people out there. Country Evolution indeed! The world will be stunned!

The latest single off this album before the release is song number 12; House Party by Sam Hunt. It is an upbeat and fun country song, and Home Free sure has a lot of fun doing it. I would love to have been at the party they are having in the video! I just love Austin and his beautiful girlfriend Olena in this video. They are just the cutest. And DJ Batman Adam is so much fun. By the way, don't let yourself be fooled, there are no actual guitars or any other instruments for that matter in this song either. I know, it's really hard to believe, I can swear I hear some. But, no.

If you want to pre-order the autographed physical Deluxe CD click here, and if you want to pre-order the digital Deluxe album, or the normal physical CD just click on the amazon add for it on the top right of this page. Or you can go to the guys website to go to iTunes.

Are you feeling the excitement yet?

I promise you, when you play this album there will be a House Party, country a cappella style! Are you ready for it?

Love//
Carina



6 comments:

  1. Thx for all the in-depth info !!..It answers a lot of new fans' questions, not all of them know to check HF's website..You are so joyful in describing their songs, love it! Can't wait for my deluxe/signed copy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx for reading it, and thx for liking it! I'm glad I could be of help. Yes, that signed CD will be welcomed with open arms once it arrives. :D Did you get the digital album too?

      Delete
    2. I did!! Did you see the FB post: LACF 2016 (London's A Cappella Fest Jan. 28th-30th)??...It
      shows HOME FREE, The Swingles, Naturally 7, etc..They perform on Sat. 30th!! The post has
      been removed, maybe HF's not ready to announce it yet?..It's all there, on LACF's site!..May-
      be it's one step closer to an International Tour??...You'll be closer, for once!! :)


      Delete