Friday 18 September 2015

Music, Tickets, Writing and Football

I'm not really sure how I am going to live through my day at work tomorrow. There are just too many things going on outside of the office, luckily there are also things going on at the office so I might be distracted. And, yeah, there's plenty of work to do there too.

So what's going on then?

Tomorrow is the day for the release of Country Evolution, the most longed for album in the history of music. At least in my world it is! Finally!! I can't wait to hear all the amazing songs for the first time. There are Tim originals and the first ever Home Free Austin original, and the amazing rendition of 7 Bridges Road, and, and, and ... Breathe, Carina, breathe. And then run home from work to listen to it! Run, Carina, run!

Tomorrow is also the day for the release of the tickets for Home Free's European debut show in January! I have a fellow Fry taking care of that for me, and I can't thank him enough for it! I just love how Home Fries are there to help and support each other when needed, in so many different ways. I have never, ever, heard of any other fan group that has this type of community and love for their fellow fans as well as for the band. It truly is an amazing thing to experience. I am grateful from the deepest part of my heart and soul! Thank you, dear Fry Friend! I will certainly Fry it Forward!

On a different note; I have been writing y'all! Both here and there, this and that, fiction and non-fiction, love and murder, good and bad. You name it. I have written it. Well, almost anyway. You can expect a short story within the next week. That is a promise! Yaaaay! Who thinks it's been too long? I do!

Saturday will be a very fun day in my outside-of-Home-Free-world (yes, I do have one of those too). It is the day for the 2nd annual international football tournament of the company I work for. (Football is the sport where people kick a round ball using their feet, i.e. foot, not the sport where people throw an oval thing with their hands and only occasionally kick it. Sorry Americans, but you've got it wrong in so many ways there.). 4 countries - 4 teams, meet for an all day event of football, music, drinks, and fun (hopefully in the sunlight) to decide which country has the best football team in the world (that would be the my-company-world-of-currently-four-countries world). My team, Spain, is the reigning champions and we, the team and supporters, plan on keeping the trophy here. It will be tough, though. The other teams want revenge, but we got home field and home crowd advantage.

The most fun part of it all will be to meet some of my colleagues face to face for the first time, especially the people I talk to several times a week, sometimes a day. Some of them I've met before and it will be a lot of fun seeing them again.

I will keep you posted on how we kept the trophy with us!

By the way, there is an autographed copy of Country Evolution on it's way to my mailbox. Yup.

I hope you all enjoy the next few days, or weeks, because I am not sure how much any of you will be able to get up for some air in between listening to this fabulous album. I'll try to find some time to say hello, besides posting a short story.

And I know, I posted this video the other week, but, it's Home Free, and it's great, and it's on the new album, so you just have to dig it. Just dig it. Like, just like it, love it. Love it! Yes, just love it!

Love//
Carina




1 comment:

  1. G'luck w/your team!...The new album is incredible! As Country Music Nation stated: 'Why Tomorrow Is The Hottest Album Release Day Of The Year!!...Both groups are country music trail blazers: Alabama & HOME FREE!!!...Love your love of writing! :)

    ReplyDelete