Sunday 12 April 2015

Music Sunday

This Sunday I am bringing you something completely different from what I normally give you. I stumbled upon this on Facebook (where else?) a few days ago, and I was absolutely blown away.

This young girl is only 9 years old in this clip and she is self taught. She actually learned singing like this by watching YouTube videos, trying to sound like the singers sounded. Now, this isn't just any kind of regular singing, this is opera, something that takes years and years of lessons and training to master. But not for this girl, she just does it. She was discovered when performing on Holland's Got Talent in October 2013, so I'm sure my Dutch readers are already familiar with Amira.

I don't usually listen to Opera, but this brings tears to my eyes, and I very much enjoy this. Just watch it and listen. This is one of those times when I think that souls are reborn. Because this is an old soul in a young girl singing.

This is, then, 9-year old Amira Willighagen! Today she is 11 and she has an album out.

Emjoy, and leave a comment!

Love//
Carina


No comments:

Post a Comment