Saturday 22 September 2018

Home Free and Jeffrey East in London, UK

Last night's show at Union Chapel, London, UK was the last show of the European part pf the Home Free Timeless World Tour and it was simply amazing, of course. What else could it be with these guys?!

Union Chapel is an active church, but it also serves as a concert hall and there is a bar connected to it that serves hot food and beverages of all kinds. You are however not allowed to bring hot food and alcoholic drinks into the chapel itself. The venue was really gorgeous with wooden pews and a high ceiling and balconies.

I didn't have VIP for this show, but we decided to go stand in line for good seats, as it was general admission, about 2 hours ahead of doors opening and I am glad we did because by the time the doors open the line was long. Very long. Very, very long. And it was cold, not as cold as in the rain in Birmingham, but it was cold. Let's just say I am to go back to warmer weather tomorrow. Monday I will go to the beach, to warm up from the outside and in.

This show was emotional because it was the last one for this tour, meaning we don't get to see the guys again in a long time, and because it was the last show the guys gave us all they had left to give. so it was bittersweet.

Jeffrey got everyone going, he is really good at that which I think has been a big reason why the energy has been so high on this tour. His songs are, as he says, very easy to sing-along to because the melodies in the choruses are very sing-along-friendly and catchy (I swear I have at least one of his songs playing in my head at all times these days), and he has a natural way of encouraging the crowd to engage. Jeffrey got us laughing, singing, clapping and he got us so quiet you could have heard a pin drop in the pews. It's unfortunate that his attempt to live stream the whole show fell through due to technical problems because it was good. Really good.

After his part of the show there was a break before Home Free came on and I saw Jeffrey at the merchandise table selling CDs, signing things and having his picture taken with fans. I expect you US Fries will pick things up over there. We will be waiting for his return to Europe, but you can have him for now. Make him feel loved back home too, will you!

And then we have Home Free. The band that changed the way I listen to music, the band that added so much joy and love on top of my already love-filled and joyful life. The band that brings people from all over the world together. They gave it their all. They gave everything they had left to give us right now, there was no holding back. They beamed from beginning to end and the audience picked up on it. I saw old men getting so excited they couldn't wait to stand up and dance. I saw young kids dancing in the aisle. I saw people of all ages and both sexes laughing, singing, dancing, clapping their way through the show. I saw a whole church filled with love and joy coming together thanks to these guys.

Finally for today, I would like to thank the staff at Union Chapel for being amazingly friendly and helpful. Every single one of you was a part of making last night a night to remember, with love and gratitude. Thank you so much for adding joy to our lives!

Within the next few days I will write a summary, my thoughts and feelings about the whole tour, and what it's meant to me. I hope you come back here for that.

But, for now, I am going to rest for a while before it's time for our last dinner in London for this time. See you soon!

Love/
Carina


No comments:

Post a Comment