Friday 14 April 2017

Home Free Takes You On Dates

One of the things I love about Home Free is that you never know in advance what you will get when they release a new song/video. The only thing you can be sure of is that it will be good and of high quality! 

There are so many things to consider if you want to try to predict what they will come up with next;
What genre will they pick a song from? What twist will they give it? Who will sing lead? Will they switch up the lead half way through the song? What type of harmonizing will there be? Will it be a slow song or an up-tempo song, or maybe something in the middle?

What will the video be like? Will it be a party video? Maybe we'll see some dance moves? Will it be with members of their families? Will there be hired actors, or another LEGO one? What will the setting be? 

So many questions can go through a Home Fry's mind before a release, and that is one of my favourite things about Home Free. They always surprise us - except for on the quality of the arrangement and their performance of it. I can honestly say that I love all of the songs they do for one reason or another.

This last release is certainly no exception to this. Of course, they have managed to surprise and delight us again. 

The song of choice this time is Micheal Ray's romantic country hit "Think a Little Less". For the first time we get a full song lead by newest member Adam Chance - a perfect choice! I've heard, unofficially, that they had Austin in lead to begin with, but it just didn't sound and feel right so they changed it to Chance - a great decision as far as I'm concerned - and I love Austin! 

I haven't really written that much about Adam Chance yet so I want to share some thoughts about him now; When we, the fans, were informed that Chris Rupp was leaving the group and that Chance was to step in as the baritone I didn't really know anything about him, but I knew that if the band and Chris had chosen him then he must be a great fit. As soon as I heard him sing I knew I had been right in my belief. Chance actually has my favourite type of voice; smooth and smoky, sensitive and raw, and I had the feeling that he was singing straight to my heart. I still get that feeling whenever he sings. This is something that I feel about Austin's, Rob's and Tim's voices as well. Now, you might think that I often get that feeling about voices, but that is very far from the truth. I actually don't remember ever having it with maybe 2 or 3 other singers before I felt it the first time I heard Austin sing in Ring of Fire. That's anther reason why I love this group so much. No matter who sings lead, they speak to my heart. 

And this new video is very exciting as it will take you on dates with the Guys of Home Free. We get to be their respective dates throughout the video. Adam Rupp will take you on a horse carriage ride on a cold night. Rob Lundquist will cook for you. Tim Foust takes you to the movies. Austin Brown brings you to a Sea Life Aquarium and Adam Chance sings to you seductively in a bar. I love it! 

As always the vocals are impeccable as are the harmonies. We expect nothing less from these Guys! My favourite thing, after Chance's sexy voice of course, is the twingy guitar sound in the background. I am not sure who makes it, but my bet is on Austin as he's done similar sounds in other songs. You will only hear this sound listening through a good set of ear-buds or headphones, though. But then again, you should ALWAYS listen to Home Free's songs through headphones at least a few times to hear the bass and all those little details that makes up the fullness of the Home Free sound.  

What do you think about this song and video? Which date is your favourite? I like the one with Rob or Chance best, although if the date was with someone I love, or with any of these Guys, I wouldn't mind what we did. 

I hope you are having a nice Easter if you celebrate it, or a good weekend if you don't. Also, if you have the chance make sure you kiss a little more and think a little less - it makes life more fun! 

Love//
Carina



4 comments:

  1. As always I love Home Free's songs and videos. This one went from "wow another one I love" to "WOW I LOVE IT I LOVE IT" 😊. Love that the country sound is so clearly in it. The power in it. The small special sounds. Chance's voice and that we get to hear it the whole song. And my absolute favourite part is "nothing more". The video idea is funny. Like how the guys gives us a date each and their smiles are warm and genuine, I'm sure they all think of their loved ones. Well you said it all already dearest sister and you said it well 👏❤️😍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, little sister of mine! 😘❤

      Delete
  2. I like the video. These guys can always, always make me laugh, or cry with their smooth harmonies. My impression of this video though is that they were on dates with their significant others, not so much us fans and that's a good thing but it doesn't speak to the romantic heart of anyone else. Still, all in all, a darn good video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, but as it's filmed through the eyes of the viewer I consider the viewer to be the date. 😊 Chance even shared it with the words; "Wanna know what it's like to go on a date with your favorite Home Free member?" on Facebook. ☺

      Delete