So, I am just going to start listing and see where I end up. This can be fun!
Here we go!!
??? Reasons to Watch Home Free's cover of Garth Brooks Friends In Low Places:
1. The song - I love it!! I have heard it before, even though I don't think it was ever a very big hit in Sweden. I'm not really sure what it is about it that I love, I just do. Sometimes it is hard to put your finger on it and this is one of those times. Let me know why you love it, if you do!
2. Tim Foust - that voice! Oh man, that voice! This song showcases it better than any other song I have heard him sing. Just listen to how easily he goes from those low notes to those high notes and down to low notes again. Brava, Tim! Brava! I can't get enough of him singing this song.
3. Austin Brown - I am a big fan of Austin, and I have been from the first note I ever heard him sing (Ring of Fire feat Avi Kaplan). And as much as I love hearing him sing solos, I utterly adore hearing him do the type of harmony and high notes he does in this song. It lifts the song, it lifts Tim's voice and it lifts me. The fullness in Austin's voice is at it's best here, in my opinion. I love Tim in this song, but I think I love Austin just as much.
4. Adam Rupp - Great "drumming", Adam, as always! But also, great harmonizing! I am still waiting for the day we get to hear Adam sing a line on his own. Those doo-woops are awesome, but we need more, k!
5. Rob Lundquist - Come on! That whistling! We know he his an absolutely amazing whistler and he proves it yet again in ths song. I don't think I have heard anybody that can whistle that well ever before in my life.
6. Chris Rupp - yet again Chris' flawless harmonies acts like the glue between the rest of the guys, it fills the song out preventing it from sounding empty which is so important to the Home Free sound. That is something they do better than any other a cappella group I have ever heard. It might not be easy to pick up Chris specifically all the time, but he's there - lifting everything and everyone to higher grounds.
7. The scenery - what is not to like about the ocean, the colours, the wild life, the beach. I feel right at home with them there on the beach. I was just down at the beach today, different sea, different beach, but under the same sky.
8. The ice cold water over Tim's head - how much fun is that! I still laugh at his facial expression every time I watch this video. It's priceless.
9. The fun - As always these guys know how to have fun. And it shows in this video as well. This is one of the many reason's why I love them so much. They have so much fun, and they share it and show it. It's contagious. It makes me smile and laugh and feel like I'm there with them.
10. The chicken - if you are a Home Fry you know all about the chicken, and I know I have promised the rest of you the story about the stealth chicken, A question to the non-Fries in here; have you ever seen a chicken of any sort in any other Home Free videos? I'm sure you have because there is at least one in almost all of their videos starting with "All About That Bass". Sometimes it's hidden in plain sight and sometimes it's harder to find. I always have trouble finding it because I get so distracted by watching the Guys.
I think that's it for now. This post grew from 5 to 10 reasons to watch this video. I'm sure I could list more, but I'll save it for another time.
I hope you enjoy the video and the song as much as I do!