Saturday 8 September 2018

Trip 2 - Prague and Cologne

And it's tour time again!!

I am at the airport, killing time waiting for my flight to Prague, Czech Republic this evening. The time is 4:45 AM and my flight leaves at 7:00 AM. I'm sure I don't need to tell you how excited I am.

So far Home Free and Jeffrey East seem to be enjoying this tour a lot. In show after show both they and the audience are singing, dancing and clapping for all they are worth, and I am positive tonight's show will keep adding to the list of shows that are mind-blowing, heart warming and joyful. 

I will be meeting up with a lot of friends in Prague, lovely people I've gotten to know through Home Free. My sister I've known her whole life, another friend I've known close to 30 years, some I've met several times before in several countries over the past 2,5 years since the first time Home Free came to Europe, some I've shared a room with before, some I've met once and some I will meet for the first time. We come from all over Europe; Sweden, Finland, Poland, Germany, Italy, Czech Republic and of course Spain (that's me). 

This show is a standing show, just as Stockholm was last week and just as Vienna was last night. I know Stockholm was epic, and I have heard that Vienna was even better so there is no doubt in my mind that Prague will be even more epic and better than those shows. I know all of us will do our best to make it so.

Tomorrow morning I will get on a bus, together with another Swede and 2 Finns, from Prague to Cologne, Germany for the show on Monday. I am looking forward to seeing the scenery along the way, and to get some rest. I've had a busy week and so far I've only slept 45 minutes tonight. I'm not a great plane sleeper, but I will do my best to get at least an hour of it on my 3 hour flight. 

Some of us are landing at more or less the same time so we'll kick everything off at the airport already. I see a lot of laughter and hugs in my near future. 

On the bus tomorrow I will write a blog to tell you all about tonight's show, and of course there will be one about the Cologne show on Tuesday. I'm so excited to write them! 

But now I will have my airport breakfast of champions - a banana, salt and vinegar crisps (chips for you US folks out there), black coffee and water - and watch a film. I've got another hour to kill before my gate is announced.



I wish you a fantastic day, I know mine will be. Have fun, love a lot, laugh much!

Love/
Carina

4 comments:

  1. Safe travels!!! Enjoy and look forward to your next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the middle of writing a chapter on my next book, but I had to stop long enough to let you know how much I appreciate how you take us on tour with you and our fabulous Home Free guys. It's nice to know what you're going through, or doing, in order to reach their venues, as well as how the experience affects you and those around you. Of course, we know its all good, but your verification ups the excitement ante just the same. Stay healthy, stay safe and enjoy not only the Home Free/Home Fry Cheer leading life, but your normal everyday life as well. Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks for taking the time to read and comment, Jan! I am absolutely enjoying and loving my everyday life as well. ❤๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete