Sunday 23 September 2018

A Summary - Part 1 - Me

This will be a fun, happy and a sad post to write, but mostly the first two.

I am currently sitting at The Parcel Yard at King's Cross Station in London, UK, about to have a full English breakfast, minus the black pudding and the mushroom. It is 11-12 am, Sunday morning and I am going home. I can't wait to cuddle up in bed with my kitties and my Sweetie, and give my son a hug. I am missing them all like crazy.

This morning I said goodbye to my wonderful baby sister, one of my absolute favourite people in the world, whom I love so incredibly much and I don't know how long it will be until I get to see her again. It feels extra hard this time since we have seen each other so much over so many times over the last 5 months. But the upside is that we have had so much fun together and we have made so many wonderful memories we will remember with love for the rest of our lives. Thank you for everything, lil' sis! You are truly amazing, and my life is better because of you. I am a better person because of you!

This morning I also said goodbye to our room mates, the amazing H and E. I love both of you! You are both such amazing women and great friends and thank you for sharing this past month's joy and fun and rooms with me.

Yesterday, after a nice breakfast together, I said goodbye to some other people I have come to love and cherish; you know who you are, ladies - Thank you so much for being exactly who you are, for bringing diversity and more love into my life. Thank you for everything and I'll see you soon, somewhere in the world!

All these women are my sisters, and I have more of them - sisters, I mean, Fry sisters - and you know who you are - I am so glad I got to meet most of you during this tour. To those I didn't have the chance to see this time around, there's always next tour! I love all of you and you are all forever in my heart! Thank you for all the laughs!

These ladies, my Fry sisters in crime, are from all over Europe and we were all brought together by the mutual love for Home Free and their music, and thanks to this tour we also share the love for Jeffrey East and his music. Thank you to all of you for giving us this! For sharing so much love and joy with the world, so much that we can spread it with more people.

I started this tour when the guys of Home Free and Jeffrey East started theirs, in Oslo, Norway on August 30th, a little over 3 weeks ago. The guys went on to do 16 more shows in 11 more countries, and I was there for 5 more shows in 4 more countries; Sweden, Czech Republic, Germany and 2 shows here in the UK. Seated shows and standing shows have been a hot discussion during these past few weeks and I will write more about my different experiences with that in my next post. I've been on 7 flights, and a number of trains and buses to get to where I needed to go. I've stood outside in the rain and the cold, I've walked bear armed in the sunshine. I slept in bunk beds, double beds, sofa beds, in teeny tiny rooms and big rooms.

I've laughed and I've cried. I've danced and I sang. I've clapped and I've cheered. I've started a fan group for a new favourite artist. I've written 9 blog posts so far. I've had early mornings, and late nights. I have had nice food and just food. I've had coffee; some days later than wanted, some days too much and some too little. I have walked. A. LOT. I've seen new places and old places.

I have had an absolute blast from beginning to end! And I can't wait to do it all over again in the future.

To my readers; thank you! Thank you for reading, thank you for engaging in discussions, thank you for coming back and thank you for sharing. While I don't write FOR you, knowing that you are reading what I write inspires me. I write from my heart and I hope you will keep coming back for more.

To everyone I've met during these weeks; it was lovely meeting you all! If I missed you, I am so sorry, it's been crazy, it's been fun, and there's been a lot of people around! Next time, if you want to say hello, come and say hello!

Lastly, for this post, I want to say a big thank you to the man in my life, the love of my life, my Sweetie; you are the best, the most loving and amazing man I have ever known. Thank you for supporting me in my life dreams, for being my safe haven to come home to. Not just from these trips, but every day. I love you with all my heart and soul and I can't wait to be back in your arms tonight!

Thank you for reading, this is me signing out from London, UK. Keep your eyes open for part 2 of this summary, but until then remember to live life to the fullest. Smile and dance, and sing. And keep spreading the word to the world about Home Free and Jeffrey East!

Love/
Carina






4 comments:

  1. Hello Carina,
    My name is Susan -- more often called fafa (it's a long story...haha) What a joy it was to just read your blog post. Your joi de vivre is infectious. I live in Massachusetts in the USA with my three fur babies, a Sweetie and my mother-in-law who is 91 years old and a joy in my life. You and I also share a common love which is Home Free. I have had the pleasure of attending four of their concerts and they are the epitomy of a Love Train. The guys are raving about how wonderful the people were in Europe and how much they enjoyed the tour. I was getting a bit nervous that they might not want to come back home! From one Fry to another -- just keep spreading the love :*))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Welcome to my blog! I'm glad you have enjoyed reading my posts. I hope you come back to read the final 1 or 2 about the tour.

      Delete
  2. Are you looking for where to buy hemp oil in Australia? Visit Ricks Hemp Oil store to choose from a premium organic range of hemp seed oil products today!
    cbd australia
    CBD Oil Reviews
    CBD Oil for Dogs

    ReplyDelete